Dynamite template

Store Forums Defusable Clock General Discussion Dynamite template

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    -Todd-

How to simulate a stick of dynamite for your defusable Clock.

I purchased a ten foot piece of 3/4″ plastic conduit from Home Depot ($5), and cut it into ten inch lengths.

I then cut a large piece of brown construction paper (package wrapping) into 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheets (so they would fit into my printer).

Using the attached .PDF, I printed seven simulated dynamite covers.

With 1/2″ spacing on each side, center the plastic conduit pipe in the paper, and secure it with a piece of tape. Roll the plastic pipe up in the paper wrapping, and using a glue stick, seal the edge of the paper.

On one of the sticks, I stuck a wine bottle cork into the end so the wire leading from the defusable clock to one of the sticks would have a solid place to attach.

Once all seven are complete, I bundled them with black electrical tape.

Fix the clock to the simulated dynamite sticks using the four holes in the circuit board and two thin black wires.

That’s my story…. I’m sticking to it !

Enjoy !

Michael
    Keymaster

Thanks for the tip, Todd! Great work!

techris

I did the same thing, but in my case I used 3/4″ PVC cut into 8″ lengths, since I read that dynamite was typically sold in 8″ lengths and 1″ diameter (3/4″ PVC is about 1″). Inspired by your article here, I wanted a more “authentic” dynamite wrapper though.

I found one…attached here in case anyone else wants something more authentic:

[attachment=0:3r8o9e3m]Dynamite-Label-US.pdf[/attachment:3r8o9e3m]
    I taped the label to the PVC with scotch tape, rolled the label on the pipe, and used non-removable double-faced Scotch tape to hold the other side of the label down.

Note you can use it for 8″ or 10″ dynamite…if you want more bang for your buck. ;D

-Todd-

I went for the more “Wile E. Coyote / Road Runner” look. I considered putting “ACME” on the dynamite as well !

Glad you liked the template. The clock certainly gets the attention of my guests !

chocolate7

I taped the label to the PVC with scotch tape, rolled the label on the pipe, and used non-removable double-faced Scotch tape to hold the other side of the label down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.