video experimenter for filming stroboscope

Store Forums Video Experimenter General Discussion video experimenter for filming stroboscope

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    oceandesign9
    Participant

Hi, i have a problem and wanted to know if you think the Video experimenter would solve.
    i am filming (with a composite output video camera) a science exhibit that uses a strobe flashing at about 60hz. Currently i get rolling frames visible on the recording due to the lack of sync between the cam and strobe rate. do you think i could use the video experimenter somehow to sync the camera video to the strobe flashing? i have have used the video experimenter on another project but it is in use so i would purchase another if it is able to do the job. i was thinking of taking the camera video into the video experimenter and sync with strobe signal on pin9? then output to a recording device, i may be way off, any ideas?

thank you

Michael
    Keymaster

I don’t think the Video Experimenter can help in that situation. The VE simply passes the video through. There is not a programatic way to turn the video feed on and off. I think you’d want the strobe to trigger the video feed.

One idea is to use a 4066 analog switch chip to turn the video feed on and off based on an input from the strobe. Google 4066 analog switch. It is an easy chip to use.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.