6 pin header

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JFiddle

Can I use a 6 pins ICSP header for the UNO?
    Can this free up some pins?

Michael
    Keymaster

No, that wouldn’t free up any pins. Pins 13, 12, 11, 10 are still the SPI bus.

JFiddle

Yeh just figured that one out.

Feel like a dunce lol

alinamike

Would it be possible to use only an SD Card and be able to save longer/ higher quality samples?

Michael
    Keymaster

No, SD cards are too slow for realtime recording/playback. I used SRAM so that audio could be recorded while it’s being played back at the same time, like for echo effects and such. You can’t do that with SD cards.

shapata

Is the Audio Hacker shield compatible with boards running at 3.3v (Due) instead of 5v (UNO, etc.)?

Michael
    Keymaster

No, the Audio Hacker is designed for the family of Arduino boards with 5V I/O pins.

memoguereque

@Michael wrote:

No, that wouldn’t free up any pins. Pins 13, 12, 11, 10 are still the SPI bus.

Hello Michael. Are this the only pins used for communication between the shield and the Arduino uno? I read somewhere that it uses 5 through 13. Is there a pinout available?

Thank you very much!

Michael
    Keymaster

Yes, it uses pins 5-13. Design files and images here: http://nootropicdesign.com/audiohacker/design.html

sarwanov

no.Its not free up any pins.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.