Budweiser red light

Store Forums Video Experimenter General Discussion Budweiser red light

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yick

I’m trying to build a Budweiser red light: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sDN8I2O8kk. Basically the light and siren goes off whenever a goal is scored. I’ve never worked with the video experimenter before, I’m wondering if I could make this work with this shield. I want it to have no delay at all.

Michael
    Keymaster

Are you saying you want to use an Arduino + Video Experimenter to analyze the video to determine when a goal has been scored? I think that’s a bit beyond a $2 microcontroller.

benjammin

Well, the Budweiser Red Lights connects to a data stream provided by the NHL and Budweiser and doesn’t use video capturing or video recognition.

Instead use another shield for WIFI access and hack the data from from the NHL/BW feed instead of messing
    with the video, witch IMHO you wont get to work with this hardware or experience level anyway.

IF the game(s) are cc’ed you could decode the subtitles and check for textstrings like “score!”
    or similar. You could make even funnier drinking games with this option, tagging juvenile
    world such as “sex”, “boobs” and “beer” and make the “drinking alarm” sound whenever a word
    that you selected for the evening pops up on the screen…. 😉

Just my 2 cents 🙂

faarisuman

can i limit the recognized pmp brain dumps area to improve tracking speed?

Michael
    Keymaster

pmp brain dumps? What?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.