Layers and Processing.js

Store Forums Processing Layers General Discussion Layers and Processing.js

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lee

Hi,

First, thanks for developing the Layers library. I think it’s great (I’m also glad I own your EZ-Expander product as well).

In general, I’m still a newbie to Processing. Recently, I’ve been experimenting with the Layers library and decided to try exporting a sketch to Processing.js to see if it worked. It didn’t. Some research lead me to this post on the Processing forum, which says the library would have to be specifically written for Processing.js:

http://forum.processing.org/topic/import-a-library-in-processing-js

Well, that seems to put an end to getting my sketch to work. I guess I didn’t realize that libraries in general might not work with Processing.js. But I was wondering, and figured I’d post here in the library developer’s forum, is this the end of the story? Could I paste the library code directly into my sketch (as suggested in the link provided) and would it work? I’m not even sure how to do that. Are there any plans for development specific to Processing.js?

Thanks, Lee

Michael
    Keymaster

It’s true that the library won’t work for Javascript. By “paste into my sketch”, they mean that you might get it to work if you actually include all the library code in your Javascript code. You could try, but if you aren’t a Java/Javascript expert you’ll probably have a hard time solving problems with it. Sorry, the Layers library is lower on my priority list than my hardware business…

Lee

Thanks for the reply Michael, I understand. Lee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.