New kit – not fully working?

Store Forums EZ-Expander Shield Bugs/Problems New kit – not fully working?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    detour
    Participant

Hi, I just got the kit and assembled it yesterday. My soldering work seems to look good but I’m not getting it to work. I’m testing using an LED/resistor connected to a couple different outputs on it. I notice that when I first power up the Arduino board the LED comes on and stays on, even though the example code is running to have it blink. So at least I know it is getting power through the shield. The LED on the Arduino is blinking, just not the one attached through the shield. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

Michael
    Keymaster

I assume you installed the EZ-Expander library. What kind of Arduino are you using?

Can you post your code?

Michael
    Keymaster

I assume you installed the EZ-Expander library. What kind of Arduino are you using?

Can you post your code?

detour
    Participant

Yes, I have the library installed. I first tried with a BareConductive Touchboard and then with a Leonardo. Same results. Here’s the code:

#include <EZExpander.h>

// Create an EZExpander object
    EZExpander expander = EZExpander();

void setup() {
    // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {

for(int i=20;i<=35;i++) {
    expander.digitalWrite(i, HIGH);
    }
    delay(1000);
    for(int i=20;i<=35;i++) {
    expander.digitalWrite(i, LOW);
    }
    delay(1000);
    }

Michael
    Keymaster

Oh, I’m sorry about that. This is a very old product and only works with AVR based Arduino boards like the Duemilanove and the Uno. Back when I made this product in 2009, there were no Arduino boards that were not based on an AVR microcontroller. I need to make this clear in the documentation, and I think I owe you a refund since this constraint was not clear.

Michael
    Keymaster

I just quickly added support for Leonardo on a branch that you can try. I tested this and it works.

https://github.com/nootropicdesign/ez-expander/tree/leonardo-support

detour
    Participant

Boom! Thank you, working perfectly now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.