problem with overlayGPS

Store Forums Video Experimenter Bugs/Problems problem with overlayGPS

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    harryt43

i am new to Arduino and i got a UNO on sale but when i tried to load the sketch OverlayGPS i get the error message TVout does not name a type? and it highlights TVout tv;
    is there any one that can help

thanks
    harry

Michael
    Keymaster

You need to install the Arduino library for the Video Experimenter. See http://nootropicdesign.com/ve

harryt43

ok i loaded like on the web page and now i get error compilling J:arduinoardunio-1.5.2hardwarearduinoavrcoresarduino/print.h:48 error: overriding ‘virtual size_t print::write(uint8_t)’ and this comes up if i using overlaygps or ntscserialterm

Michael
    Keymaster

The current version of Arduino is 1.0.4. What version are you running? What platform?

The code I provided compiles cleanly on the current version of the Arduino IDE.

harryt43

I am new at this and how i got arduino 1.5.2 i don’t know but i’ll delete it and find 1.0.4 and start over thanks for our help so far

harryt43

ok started over from scratch now the error massage is overlayGPSbitmaps.cpp.o:(.progmem.data+0x0) : multiple definition of ‘bitmaps’
    bitmaps.cpp.0:(.progmem.data+0x0) : first defined here

Michael
    Keymaster

The code I made available on my project here: https://nootropicdesign.com/projectlab/2011/05/20/overlay-gps-on-video/

Compiles cleanly in Arduino 1.0.4. I don’t know why you are having a compilation problem. Are you using Arduino 1.0.4?

harryt43

i’m using the arduino 1.0.4 i deleted everything and started over the tvout stuff all works fine but still having the problem with bitmaps maybe old left over code but i’m still looking

harryt43

i found the problem and overlaygps load fine but no gps overlay i have forgot already how to get the rest to work

harryt43

i still can’t get the gps to come up on the overlay nor the sync to work wright. the shield works with another overlay sketck

Michael
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, there’s not much I can do. I don’t know what GPS module you are using, how you wired everything, etc. I did that GPS project years ago, so I can’t guarantee that everything will always work — it is just a project I did. If the hardware you bought from me works, then that’s good. But I have thousands of customers, and am a one man company, so I can’t get involved deeply into everyone’s projects. That’s just the reality.

If you want to post more details with schematics, hardware specs, code etc. then maybe others on this forum can help, but so far you haven’t provided any of that, other than to say “it doesn’t work”. How would you help someone with a complex project if they just said “it doesn’t work”?

You said you were a beginner with Arduino — this is NOT a beginner project. It is complex.

harryt43

i understand i am only new to arduino and this is the only project i couldn’t get to work after i have read and re read everything about it the only thing is the gps mod maybe the programing is not right or i can’t get it right . i am going to order the same one you used but i’ll need to know what software u used to reprogram it. if i can’t get it then then i guess it beat me.

geoff

@harryt43 wrote:

i found the problem and overlaygps load fine but no gps overlay i have forgot already how to get the rest to work

What was the solution?

trenanc

@geoff wrote:

@harryt43 wrote:

What was the solution?

What was the solution???????

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.