Random wire?

Store Forums Defusable Clock General Discussion Random wire?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Clarkus

Is there any possible way to negate the randomness of the wires re: diffusing?

I want to use this as a prop, but without any sort of reliability, it could waste a lot of shooting time…

I imagine that I coudl hack it to get that effect… but I have 0 experience programming hardware, and I don’t want to dive in unless I know it’s possible, or that there isn’t an easier way…

Thanks!

Michael
    Keymaster

The behavior can be easily changed with reprogramming. If you have an FTDI USB to serial cable or adapter, it’s fairly easy. I could make the code changes for you.

OR, if you are willing to pay a nominal fee (say, $7 if you are in the US) I can ship you a reprogrammed ATmega328 chip with no randomness. If you are overseas, I’d need to charge more for shipping.

Clarkus

Sadly, the prop plays in a couple of days…

HOWEVER!

You have encouraged me to have a go at it, so we’ll see what happens.

Seems to be a skill I should delve into anyway…

sofiajoe

Great product!
    Without adding a TV B Gone, is there a way to add code to send SONY remote codes? I know how to modify and flash the original code. I’m looking for some fingers to point me in the right direction… I know where to find the TV B Gone code, but I don’t want to muck up the entire project.

gumbyttl

@Michael wrote:

The behavior can be easily changed with reprogramming. If you have an FTDI USB to serial cable or adapter, it’s fairly easy. I could make the code changes for you.

Hey, I know this may be a dead end but if code change to specify a wire for det and one for disarm is easy enough, could you post it or message it out. I’m still learning the programming aspects of this stuff.

gumbyttl

@Michael wrote:

Is this still an option? I would like to have a fixed disarm wire if possible. Is it code I can just drop in or will it require a major overhaul?

Thanks

Michael
    Keymaster

setting the wires to be fixed instead of random is simple. Just change the assignment in the function countdown().

For example, if you want the defuse wire to be wire 2:

defuseWire = WIRE_2;

Martin
    Participant

Michael,
    You state that the wires can be fixed…”just change the assignment in the function countdown().
    Then you show DefuseWire=Wire_2;

However when searching for “DefuseWire” in the program it can’t be found. Please clarify or let me know what to change in the following function:
    void countdown() {
    int ledCounter = 0;
    int ledCounterThreshold = 100000;
    byte ledCurrentState = HIGH;
    byte defusePin;
    byte detPin;
    boolean defused = false;
    countdownRunning = true;
    int fractionalSecond;

// assign random pins
    defusePin = random(WIRE_1, (WIRE_4+1));
    detPin = defusePin;
    while (detPin == defusePin) {
    detPin = random(WIRE_1, (WIRE_4+1));
    }

Michael
    Keymaster

Sorry, it’s defusePin, not defuseWire.

So to fix the wires, for example:

defusePin = WIRE_1;
    detPin = WIRE_3;
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.