Short I think

Store Forums Defusable Clock Bugs/Problems Short I think

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brandyn1996

I got my clock today and I was pleased with the early arrival and I plugged in a power source(turned out to be a 9.2V. The 2 was faded) well the voltage regulator is burnt and the thing doesn’t work. I found a 9V one and it works but the regulator is really hot and I disconnected it before it got worse. I have little to no experience with circuitry. Please help me and let me know where to buy that or if you could send me one. Thank you for the great clock, but my error won’t let me use it.

Michael
    Keymaster

Brandyn, you ordered an assembled unit, so it was assembled and tested thoroughly (by me). Using a 9.2V adapter will not cause a problem — you can use up to 12V with no issues.

You probably used an adapter with the wrong polarity. You MUST use an adapter that has a center-positive tip. This is clearly stated in the product information and the polarity is clearly indicated on the board just under the power connector. The regulator is hot because you connected the power backwards.

Please buy or find a 9V DC adapter with a center positive tip and see if the device works.

Brandyn1996

Ok thanks. I HAD no clue on what to use. Thank you for letting me know and sorry if it was a dumb question. 😀

Brandyn1996

Just got it working. Clearly was my error. Thanks for the help and the info

Michael
    Keymaster

Glad it works! Enjoy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.