Synchronizing 3 Video Sources

Store Forums Video Experimenter General Discussion Synchronizing 3 Video Sources

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    trak

Hi there,

I have three standard def ntsc video sources that I need to synchronize. The standalone unit that offers a solution to my problem is a little too expensive for my liking: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/627841-REG/Datavideo_TBC_5000_TBC_5000_Time_Base_Corrector_Matrix.html

I was hoping there’d be a way to tackle this problem using an Arduino, which has led me to the Video Experimenter. I guess I’m trying to emulate a Time Base Corrector with multiple inputs…
    Can anybody tell me if there’s a way to synchronize the videos? Perhaps using three Video Experimenters + Arduinos?

Thanks!

dgcaste

The VE+Arduino combo uses almost every single Arduino resource that’s available, including interrupts and timers. The TV libraries can read the video signal in black and white (not even grayscale) by comparing every single pixel voltage against a reference voltage. The libraries also allow you to write onto the screen. Complicated logic is pretty much out of the question. Maybe try the Raspberry Pi?

Branzila

Ffix the reference voltage through software, like by using a PWM output, instead of tweaking the pot? That’s something I could do in the setup routine for example.

Michael
    Keymaster

PWM output is not an analog voltage. It is a square wave oscillating between 0 and 5V.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.