Toolduino load errro

Store Forums Toolduino Bugs/Problems Toolduino load errro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chrisc

When I launch Toolduino I get the following message:
    ‘Cannot find the main class. Program will exit!’. I click the OK button and it closes.

I have the Arduino-18 environment in: C:arduino-0018
    The Standardfirmata sketch has been compiled and loaded into the Arduino. (Freeduino)
    Toolduino has been extracted to: C:Toolduino-1.0, I assume this is correct?
    I had the arduino plugged in and waiting when I launched Toolduino in case it was looking for an active port but no difference.
    Laptop is a Toshiba Sattelite A110 which does not seem to have a problem with anything else.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give.

regards
    Chris

chrisc

I am running Windows XP. I have counted the files in the .zip and in the extracted folder and they are the same (13).

I have also downloaded the file several times and extractd it to make sure that I have he correct one. The only .dll I can see is rxtxSerial.dll. Are there others?

Is there a special location where I have to extract the Toolduino software?

regards

Chris

chrisc

Michael, thanks for the replies.
    Here are the results so far.
    I checked Java yesterday and re-downloaded and installed it. It was already on the PC as you suggest.
    I copied the Toolduino.zip and extracted it to an Acer Aspire One 150 I have. I had to install Java as it was not on the PC. When I launched Toolduino it started but did not come up with any ports. Is there a limited set of port numbers? I came up against this with another piece of software because it’s port range did not cover the assigned ports on th Aspire.
    From this I decided to remove Java from the Toshiba and re-install. When I launched Toolduino – Magic there is was ports and all.

Now when testing I went for pin 13 because it has the LED attached. I made the pin and output and high. After a while the LED flashes a few random times in coincidence with the TX/RX Leds but does not turn as I would expect. I have left it like that whilst writing this and it is still doing the random flashing.
    Just trying to re-load StandardFirmata and running into problems with the Arduino Environment. I will post and re-boot.

Thanks for your time.
    regards
    Chris

chrisc

Michael, Re-booted ok.
    I have it working now. I had chosen the wrong port and although it was trying to work it was obviously wrong.
    It gave me the choice of two ports and of course I chose the wrong one.

In a nutshell:
    Java removed – downloaded and installed.
    Correct port chosen.

LED13 now at my command.

Nice job – now waiting for further developments.

The Freeduino is running the Standard Boot loader.

Thanks for your assistance.

regards

Chris

Michael
    Keymaster

Super!

chrisc

Michael, Windows 7 Update.

I needed to install the FTDI drivers for the Acer. Once done, Toolduino worked and saw the Arduino port. I tested with PIN1 LED ok.

regards
    Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.