VE Shield Header Placement

Store Forums Video Experimenter General Discussion VE Shield Header Placement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gkuetemeyer

Just started putting a VE shield together. Wondering about placement of the digital/analog headers. The instructions show that the headers should be positioned using the inner rather than outer holes. Any reason for this? I want to be able to stack other shields on top of the VE shield & the instructions seem to preclude that.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
    Keymaster

The female headers included in the kit do not have the long pins. If you have “arduino female headers” with long pins, then you can certainly solder them on the outside set of pads. This kit was designed many years ago, and female headers with long pins were not available for a decent price.

Make sure you don’t solder the female headers that don’t have long pins to the outside pads, because then there are no male pins to plug into the Arduino!

Generally, this shield is not going to be stackable with anything else because it uses a lot of pins and functions of the Arduino. What shield do you think is stackable with the Video Experimenter? Most shields are not stackable from an electrical perspective.

Gkuetemeyer

Thanks for your reply!! I’ve got plenty of standard headers, so I will just use them. I’m not planning on stacking anything elaborate on top of the VE shield. Probably just a proto board with a couple of buttons, etc.

kaya67

How about just changing the letters to black without using the invert=2 or the white = 1 anywhere on the screen?
    Haven’t gotten as far as to know what you were talking about in previous messages but it sounds interesting. Another passage to take someday.

Our excellent online 642-467 free exam dumps training programs will lead you to success in the IBM exam. We also offer latest passguide and The Athenaeum of Ohio with 100% success guarantee. Our selftestengine is rare in IT world.

Michael
    Keymaster

You can’t make the overlay black, sorry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.