Weird power issue; Video pads IO question

Store Forums Video Experimenter General Discussion Weird power issue; Video pads IO question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mattgyver92
    Participant

I noticed my shield shows some inconsistent behavior with the code when the arduino is using a USB battery charger. It’s not a problem for my needs since I’m running it off a 9V source and seems to take that fine, however it might be useful to know the cause. Is there any further documentation on this?

Also, I’m trying to use the video IO pads to run the signal through the VE and I’m getting garbage on the output. What’s the proper way to input/output from those pads?

Any assistance with this is appreciated.

Michael
    Keymaster

Regarding the power, I have not experienced that, but I always use a 9V source. I can’t explain why a 5V source would cause any erratic behavior, although I will say that doing video with an Arduino is plenty haskish to begin with.

Which pads exactly are you using? The pad marked INPUT and a ground pad should work fine for connecting the input directly. Those are the same signals as the RCA input jack. And OUTPUT is the same as the output jack. Remember to connect the ground (outside connector) of both input and output to a GND connection on the board. Am I understanding your question?

mattgyver92
    Participant

To be more specific, the pads I’m trying to use are the broken out input, output syncout, vsync, oddeven, burst connections on the VE. I’ll check the grounds, since that might be my problem. I don’t think I have them connected on the board since I’ve been doing my testing with the RCA jacks.

Thanks for the help!

Michael
    Keymaster

Yeah, you definitely need to connect the ground signals from both input and output.

mattgyver92
    Participant

Not sure what I was doing before, but I could have been that something wasn’t powered or connected. Seems like things are working fine and my video IO was grounded properly. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.