WProgram.h: No such file or directory

Store Forums Digit Shield Bugs/Problems WProgram.h: No such file or directory

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kwo

Hi,

I downloaded the DigitShield zip file and installed the library in my main Arduino libraries folder. When I open the “SetDirectExample” and compile, I receive the following error:

In file included from SetDirectExample.cpp:1:
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/DigitShield/DigitShield.h:18:22: error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from SetDirectExample.cpp:1:
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/DigitShield/DigitShield.h:24: error: expected `)’ before ‘clock’
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/DigitShield/DigitShield.h:29: error: ‘boolean’ has not been declared
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/DigitShield/DigitShield.h:30: error: ‘boolean’ has not been declared
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/DigitShield/DigitShield.h:32: error: ‘boolean’ has not been declared
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/DigitShield/DigitShield.h:36: error: ‘byte’ does not name a type
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/DigitShield/DigitShield.h:39: error: ‘boolean’ does not name a type
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/DigitShield/DigitShield.h:42: error: ‘boolean’ does not name a type
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/DigitShield/DigitShield.h:43: error: ‘boolean’ does not name a type
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/DigitShield/DigitShield.h:48: error: ‘boolean’ does not name a type
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/DigitShield/DigitShield.h:49: error: ‘boolean’ does not name a type

I am using Arduino 1.0 on OSX. Would greatly appreciate any help? Thanks!

Karl

Michael
    Keymaster

Yeah, Arduino 1.0 basically breaks most libraries. I’ll be publishing all new libraries for my products this week, but in the mean time, you can simply change the include in DigitShield.h from this:

#include "WProgram.h"
    #include

to this:

#if defined(ARDUINO) && ARDUINO >= 100
    #include "Arduino.h"
    #else
    #include "WProgram.h"
    #include
    #endif
    kwo

Excellent. I made the change and now everything compiles without errors. Thanks!

Michael
    Keymaster

FYI, I’ve updated all the libraries for Arduino 1.0…

dawidsekula

Hi. I have disame problem. I have Arduino version 1.0.5-r2. I download LedControl library and it doesn’t work. could You send me a link with good version of this library,and write what I must do with this ? please…

Michael
    Keymaster

What is the “LedControl” library? What do you mean by “doesn’t work”? You should be using the library for the Digit Shield, downloadable here: https://nootropicdesign.com/digitshield/

dawidsekula

I have 8×8 led matrix.

Michael
    Keymaster

This is a support forum for the nootropic design Digit Shield.

@dawidsekula wrote:

Hi. I have disame problem. I have Arduino version 1.0.5-r2. I download LedControl library and it doesn’t work. could You send me a link with good version of this library,and write what I must do with this ? please…

Hi, i know this is the forum for nootropic design, but i have the exact same problem for the LedControl library, so if “dawidsekula” has found how to fix the problem i would be interested!

thank you!

Michael
    Keymaster

A simple google search would tell you to change WProgram.h to Arduino.h

ricykafory
    Participant

Love to comment on Google it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.