You’ve got your XDS in my Captions

Store Forums Video Experimenter General Discussion You’ve got your XDS in my Captions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    quadmasta

I found another thread the talked about a bug in the example sketch and I got the captions coming out the serial port. The issue is that XDS data is scattered in with the captions. I can’t verify anything about the control codes that surround the XDS data that would allow me to exclude it. Sometimes it shows up in the middle of captions; even in the middle of words which makes processing the words impossible. It also makes the lines break in the middle of words sometimes too. My TV decodes the captions correctly without the XDS data being displayed on the screen so I assume this is totally doable I’m just not sure how to do it 🙂

Dish Network VIP 722

No@Abo[@dy@ .
    NC
    IS
    USA
    Hd
    (button clicks, elevatorhirrs)
    Hd
    Hd
    Glad we talked.
    NCIS
    USA
    Hd
    Hd
    Child's Play Series/Special. Ma
    rk Harmon, Michael Weatherly
    , Da
    vid McCallum. (2009) Thanksgivi
    Hd
    ng plans are put on hold while t
    heeam investigates the horfi
    c death of a Marine. (HD) (CC) (
    Stereo)
    USA
    NCIS
    E*DP962D
    Michael
    Keymaster

Some TV channels seem to intermix the data like that. You should try tuning the pots a bit, or try finding the CC data on a different line.

ffdazaqwy

Right now everything is jumbled together. For example if the closed captioning text says “how was your day” and the call sign was “CCC” you might see something like “hoCw was yCour daCy”. A TV doesn’t show this, it only shows the correct information.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.