Forum Replies Created
No no no sorry for the confusion. I added VGA to the board (to be used with Nick Gammon’s libraries and work) but I also have composite out on the board that is not working with TV Out. Even with the diodes. That’s OK thought, I’ll figure something out.
And we are really only using it for Education. Some of our students who used thhttp://nootropicdesign.com/forum/index.phpis have bought your board too.
I never really copied your work…
Yes I used your schematic as a reference but that’s what arduino and open source is about… Your product would not match what we needed anyways because it does not use VGA nor does it support the AVR Pocket Programmer.
But ok sorry for wasting your time. I thought you might be willing to help out. We have cited you as a reference in all our work, and on our boards.
I think I am having a similar error. I am using the standalone Space Invaders with the Google Code Libraries
Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 8), Board: “Arduino Uno”
SpaceInvaders.ino:57:7: error: ‘prog_uint16_t’ does not name a type
SpaceInvaders.ino:60:1: error: ‘prog_char’ does not name a type
SpaceInvaders.ino:61:1: error: ‘prog_char’ does not name a type
SpaceInvaders.ino:62:1: error: ‘prog_char’ does not name a type
SpaceInvaders.ino:63:1: error: ‘prog_char’ does not name a type
SpaceInvaders.ino:64:1: error: ‘prog_char’ does not name a type
SpaceInvaders.ino:65:1: error: ‘prog_char’ does not name a type
SpaceInvaders.ino:66:1: error: ‘prog_char’ does not name a type
SpaceInvaders.ino:67:1: error: ‘prog_char’ does not name a type
SpaceInvaders.ino:68:1: error: ‘prog_char’ does not name a type
SpaceInvaders.ino:71:29: error: variable ‘strings’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘__attribute__((progmem))’
SpaceInvaders.ino:71:34: error: ‘s0’ was not declared in this scope
SpaceInvaders.ino:71:38: error: ‘s1’ was not declared in this scope
SpaceInvaders.ino:71:42: error: ‘s2’ was not declared in this scope
SpaceInvaders.ino:71:46: error: ‘s3’ was not declared in this scope
SpaceInvaders.ino:71:50: error: ‘s4’ was not declared in this scope
SpaceInvaders.ino:71:54: error: ‘s5’ was not declared in this scope
SpaceInvaders.ino:71:58: error: ‘s6’ was not declared in this scope
SpaceInvaders.ino:71:62: error: ‘s7’ was not declared in this scope
SpaceInvaders.ino:71:66: error: ‘s8’ was not declared in this scope
SpaceInvaders.ino: In function ‘void drawBitmap(byte, byte, unsigned int)’:
SpaceInvaders.ino:827:9: error: ‘prog_uint16_t’ does not name a type
In file included from SpaceInvaders.ino:17:0:
SpaceInvaders.ino:847:24: error: ‘index’ was not declared in this scope
This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
enabled in File > Preferences.
Sorry here is a new link
Well mainly to use the parts I already had. Nothing too major.
Different Crystal (3 pin vs 2 pin)
Different RCA Jack(3 pin vs 2 pin)
Different Programmer (using a AVR Pocket Programmer)
added a VGA Jack
Removed all the headers for the accessories (mainly because we weren’t going to use them)
The idea was making this even tinier and cheaper and using parts that we already had bulk of. But the schematic should really not have changed aside from the diodes on the RCA connector, which shouldn’t be essential considering the TV Out schematic doesn’t use them.
That sounds good, I have added diodes to my board.
Also I’ll be adding Nootropic Design in my acknowledgments in our engineering paper and presentation because of your significant contributions to this project. We used the 330 ohm resistor, the diodes to RCA, and we will be adapting your games for our board.
Thanks, I’m working on it.
Couple of questions?:
Any particular reason you put a diode through to the RCA? Is it worth adding?
And I noticed you didnt have pull-up resistors on the buttons, and I know that the pins on the MC feature internal pull-ups but sometimes they dont work well. Have you found them to be reliable enough to forgo the manual pull-up?
I am really trying to minimize board space so wondering if the Diodes and the manual pull-ups (Just in Case) is necessary
Wow thanks Michael. Using a 330 Ohm Resistor fixed the video out issues that the board with 470 was having. Demo NTSC works.
Now I have to get audio working and test it with code but more importantly remap some existing games (tetris from TVout, and maybe your asteroids) to try to work with my button layout.
Any tips/cautions moving forward on trying to get the games working?
I have attached a picture of the board
Really wow. Ok I got it from a rather Dated source. Ok sorry about that.
Ill fix that and try to use their example code again
OK I am extremely sorry, as I forgot to mention some things. The goal was to have both VGA and Composite Outputs working. The VGA uses something that is not TVout (designed by Nick Gammon) and has a 9th bit issue that causes white bars on the way down. I knew how to get VGA working (based on a previous protoype) and so hooked those up through the PCB. That works BUT I could never get the composite to work (using TVout) and so didn’t connect it through the PCB left BUT have left space on the board to wire things up from above. I tried the design that the TVout guy proposed and tried to get sample code they provide to work. Their code compiles, uploads, but nothing shows up on the screen.
I will try switching the resistor over to a 330 ohm.
ALSO I tried to make some simple code that just displays text (instead of the complicated rotating cube and etc. they provided) but for some reason it refuses to compile.
I have attached a screenshot, it claims that some functions are not part of the libraries I think but some other people tried similar things and it worked.