How did it work?

Store Forums DJ Shield Discussion and Project Ideas How did it work?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mxm Hnn

Hello!

Did the pots work like in this Arduino tutorial (tension divider)?
    http://www.arduino.cc/en/tutorial/potentiometer

And did the switch connect the D2 to D6 outputs to 0 or 5V (or another thing?)?

I’m asking that to know if I can adapt the Audio Hacker to receive CV & gate from a modular synth …

Thanks

Michael
    Keymaster

Yes, the DJ Shield pots are form a voltage divider between 5V and 0V, just as pots are typically used in Arduino projects. The Arduino reads the input with analogRead(pin).

The buttons on the DJ Shield and the two buttons on the Audio Hacker connect the Arduino input pins to ground when the buttons are pushed. digialRead(pin) returns HIGH when the button is not pushed, and LOW when it is pushed.

Mxm Hnn

Thanks !

So I have to use this schematic for the pushbutton or just a switch connecting to ground?http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Tutorial/button_sch.png

Michael
    Keymaster

Just a switch connecting the pin to ground. The pins are configured to have a pullup resistor, so they measure HIGH when not activated, and LOW when connected to ground.

mithanbaba

Actually, would I have to make major changes to the code to add more SRAM chips? I can get the ones you use pretty cheaply. I’m thinking instead of 256k memory, maybe expand it on a new shield to double or more memory.

Mxm Hnn

Is it possible to add more than the 3 pots of the DJ Shieds to modify more parameters? Is possible to put 6 pots on A0 to A5? thanks …

Michael
    Keymaster

where would you put 3 more pots? the pins are available.

Mxm Hnn

I’m not using the DJShield circuit, I will make a custom one to fit behind a modular synth panel.

So it is ok to use 6 pots to control the AudioHacker? Nice!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.